DR Koncerthuset and Covid-19
Due to the current Covid-19 restrictions, all concerts in DR Koncerthuset until 6th May have been postponed or cancelled.
If you have purchased a ticket for a concert in this period, we will contact you directly via email.
We refund your ticket if the concert has been cancelled
If your concert has been cancelled, we will reimburse your ticket as follows:
If you purchased your concert tickets online through drkoncerthuset.dk, the money will automatically be refunded to the credit card you used for the purchase. The sender of the amount will be DR Koncerthuset’s partner Billetlugen.
If your tickets have been purchased through DR Koncerthuset by telephone, by attendance at our ticket office, or in whole /in part with a gift card, you must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Refund” in the subject field and provide your account and registration number.
You will not receive a confirmation when the money is transferred, but are asked kindly to keep an eye on your account yourself. We usually refund concert tickets within 1-4 weeks, but since we have an extraordinary number of customer enquiries, due to the Corona situation, there may be a longer turnaround time.
Postponement, reseating and annulment
If your concert has been postponed, you can keep the concert ticket as it will also be valid for the new concert date.
If you have bought a ticket for a concert after 6th May where the audience capacity subsequently has to be reduced because of corona restrictions, you may find yourself moved to another seat in the hall, so that we can meet the distance requirement.
Unfortunately, the reduced audience capacity can also result in many of our visitors having their concert ticket. If you are reseated or we have to annul your ticket, you will be informed directly from DR Koncerthuset at least two weeks prior to the concert.
We take good care of you at DR Koncerthuset
The safety and security of our audiences, artists and staff have top priority for us at DK Koncerthuset. We observe the latest guidelines for the holding of cultural events, and when you come to us for a concert, you can rest assured that our staff with help you to find your way around the concert hall and also our bar and foyer areas.
After 5th April, we expect to carry out our concerts with a reduced audience capacity of max. 500 people in the Concert Hall (including staff and performers) and a smaller number in the other studios. Everyone in the audience and on stage will naturally be placed at a safe distance from each other, and we hold our concerts in accordance with the Ministry of Culture’s latest guidelines for cultural events with a seated audience.
Here are some of the measures we employ to take good care of our audiences:
- Scanning of tickets is carried out outside the building
- In accordance with the latest guidelines, all visitors must wear masks throughout the DR Koncerthuset area. Seated visitors in the bar, foyer and restaurant are, however, not obliged to wear masks, nor is this compulsory during the actual concert.
- There are also certain general exceptions from the mask requirement. These can be read here.
- If you have forgotten your mask, you can get one from our staff at the entrance free of charge
- There is access to hand sanitizer at the entrance and in the foyer area
- All surfaces are disinfected between each concert, e.g. seats/chairs, handles, banisters, etc.
- We have distance markers in areas where queues may occur (e.g. lift, bar, ticket scanning and toilets)
- The audience is safety positioned in the hall/studio: there is an empty seat between each person or couple
- There is constant ventilation in all areas used by visitors, so that the air is replaced on an on-going basis (no recirculation)
- There is no shared wardrobe. Instead, you are allowed to take a jacket and small handbag (max. 30x40cm) with you into the hall
- The bars in the foyer close at 10pm
- Extra exits are used to facilitate getting the audience more smoothly out of the hall after the concert.
Thank you for your understanding
We are very sorry to disappoint guests who have been looking forward to events in DR Koncerthuset. But at the same time the most important thing, of course, is that we take the advice of the authorities and look after each other. In this respect, we also greatly appreciate the patience and co-operation we have received from our guests and we look forward to welcoming you back to DR Koncertuset in the future. Thank you very much and see you again soon.
If you have any questions, please contact DR Koncerthuset’s Customer Centre by e-mail email@example.com.
This page was updated on 24th March 2021.